Take Notes Of These Home Inspection Tips
Discovering some issues about your home that would endanger the idea of selling the home is the last thing that you would want to happen. Even if there will be issues that will be revealed every time your home will have a home inspection, if you have kept your home properly maintained, you will not be worrying about a thing. You will be able to avoid some of the most usual problems and issues that will be revealed by a home inspection if you kept a good maintenance to your home.
There are some reasons that would result to not having the proper maintenance to a home like the lack of money, the lack of interest, or the lack of time. But you should be able to take care of these important things every time you know that there are so many people interested in buying your house.
The small things that would nag you will become a big problem to a potential home buyer and that will possibly cost you the sale of your home. You will be able to avoid the majority of these issues and problems if you will take note on these five crucial areas.
1. Heat pump or air conditioning system, coils in the furnace and dirty filter. In order for you to take care of this issue, you need to hire a professional to do a maintenance on your cooling and heating system at least once a year. You should also take note that you need to replace or clean the filters at least a month or three based on the needs of the system that you have. This is really crucial in order for your system to have a longer life, better fuel savings, efficiency, and to make sure that your home will have the proper cooling and heating.
2. Bad caulking of the tile inside the shower area and on the tub. It will cost you a lot of money for the repair or replacement on a rotted wall inside your shower area. In order to avoid this, you should consider having a proper caulking on the tiled areas in your shower area. A small crack on the grout or calk inside the shower area is enough for water to pass through.
3. GFCI or Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters that are not properly functioning. The GFCI or Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters are those electrical outlets with the buttons for Press and Test. These electrical outlets helps prevent the possibility of getting electrocuted.
4. Rotten wood is one of the biggest issue that would prevent the sale of your home. You can prevent this if you have the proper moisture barrier.
5. Allowing an amateur do the needed repairs and maintenance. Most of the time the materials that are used by the amateurs that will be doing the home project are of poor quality or not the ones that are needed for the project.